Saturday, February 8, 2014

A Blog Hop, A Quilt Along and a Competition {Scrap Bag Swap 2014}

The scrap bag swap is underway!  I had such pleasure in picking out some pieces for my recipient (playing with fabric = heaven).  Just a gentle reminder to everyone who signed up.  The deadline for posting is Monday 10th February.


Its time to reveal what else I've been working on to go alongside the swap this year. (Apart from a whole bunch of projects..obvs)

Scrap Bag Swap :: Blog Hop {Tutorial Series}

Here is the inspirational line up.  These lovelies have come up with some scrappy projects to inspire you. I don't know about you, but I am using the month to bust through my sizable scrap bins and use up what I have.  Possibly so I can justify purchasing more fabric?....humm maybe


Mon 10th February             Tartankiwi – Paper pieced Koru
Tuesday 11th                      Make. Life. Beautiful. - Dolly Outfit
Friday 14th                         Mousehouse – Pocket Organiser

Monday 17th                      Catalina's Cottage – Hexie love
Tuesday 18th                      Make. Life. Beautiful.  Scrappy Quilt Part 1
Friday 21st                         One Paisley Apple – Fabric Flowers

Monday 24th                       Kiwi at Heart  -   Scrappy Rope Coaster
Tuesday 25th                       Make. Life. Beautiful.  Scrappy quilt Part 2
Friday 28th                          Works in Progress – Scrappy Pot Mitt and Trivet

Monday 3rd March              NZ Green Buttons – Floral Wreath Tote
Tuesday 4th                         Make. Life. Beautiful.  Childs Bike Seat Pad
Friday 7th                            Catalina's Cottage – Giant Star Quilt


Scrap Bag Swap :: Competition

Secondly, I want to introduce you to my sponsor Stitch Playroom.  Stitch is my go to, in the neighborhood fabric n' yarn paradise.  (I know I am very lucky to have these guys about a kilometer from my house!)

If you are visiting Christchurch I highly recommend you pop in for a dose of colour and inspiration. Just walking into this shop makes me happy.  Everyone who works there is either a talented quilter, embroidery artist, knitter or all of the above, so there is heaps of advice on hand should you need it.

Layout Image

Stitch have kindly sponsored a big bag of scraps and three craft patterns perfect for using scraps.

You could win them by uploading your scrappy projects to Pinterest.....so get busy with your original, quirky, beautiful, scrap busting ideas. At the end of February I'll create a special Pinterest Board for you to enter your projects.  Exciting!!

Anyways - first stop Tartankiwi for a little easy (ish) paper piecing on Monday.  See you there?


3 comments:

  1. Wonderful! I have some projects that used the scraps from last years swap that I can upload now :)) Great line up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great timing! I was planning to tidy up all my fabric and scraps - looking forward to some great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day to recieve your comment, so thanks for taking the time! :o)